Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Jane Stickle Quilt: H-9

Jane Stickle block H-9Block number/name: H-9 “Snowflake Melt”

Date completed: March 2, 2010

Number of pieces: 20

Notes on block: I took this block to Little Gym today, so while my son was in class, I sat in the lobby and stitched. I learned that some of the other moms there are quilters too! It was a lot of fun getting to spend a little time chatting with them about our various projects. And I even managed to get more done on the block than I had expected I would. Then I was able to finish it up tonight. My only regret on this one is that I was feeling too lazy to go upstairs and find matching thread for my diamonds, so some of the stitches are more visible than I’d like them to be. But overall, I’m really happy with the block.

7 comments:

  1. Little gym? What does he do in the class?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like a snowflake melting into Spring! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A four leaf clover! HoW very March-y! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love finding quilters in surprising places! I love your block and I bet you are the only one who will ever notice those stitches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in awe of your blocks. You made good use of found time there.

    ReplyDelete