Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Jane Stickle Quilt: H-12

Jane Stickle block H-12Block number/name: H-12 “Hannah Lou’s Hearts”

Date completed: March 24, 2009

Number of pieces: 9

Notes on block: Chances are, I would have never noticed how Jane completed her block if Anina hadn’t made mention of it. And then I would have missed out on a cool opportunity to fussy cut! (Not to mention make things more difficult for myself…but let’s not go there.) Once I knew that the original used teardrops, I had to try it that way. Fortunately, my appliqué skills were up to the challenge (thank goodness for freezer paper and toothpicks!). I’m pretty tickled at how well it came out.

The fabric is from In the Beginning’s Floragraphix II line. So very pretty. I'm so glad I found a good block for showcasing it.

6 comments: