Monday, April 12, 2010

Jane Stickle Quilt: I-10

Jane Stickle block I-10Block number/name: I-10 “Iris’ Medallion”

Date completed: April 11, 2010

Number of pieces: 25

Notes on block: All of the inset seams made this block tricky, so I’m really happy with how well it turned out. It seems like about all I have in me these days is maybe one block in an evening, or a little bit of appliqué. My poor fingers are like little sausages by the time evening rolls around, making stitching a lot more challenging for me. It’s really forcing me to slow down, and I’m finding it kind of frustrating. The whole end-of-pregnancy thing leaves much to be desired. I know you're not "due" until the 24th, but feel free to come on out any time now, baby! :)

7 comments:

  1. The block came out great.

    I guess this baby likes where it is. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. For your sake I hope the baby comes out early. Boy do I remember the swelling and it sucked. Hang in there your almost done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one looked very tricky - yours came out great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice job with the inset seams.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even with sausage fingers you make beautiful blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. I read the That Quilt instructions for this one and know it's complicated, but there is no hint of that in your block - it looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The block looks great. I do like the center of it.
    I so remember those feeling you are having. Soon!

    ReplyDelete