Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Jane Stickle Quilt: J-9 & G-10

Jane Stickle block J-9Block number/name: J-9 “Maury High School”

Date completed: November 22, 2009

Number of pieces: 13

Notes on block: Choosing the fabric for this block presented a dilemma. Do it all in one green or choose an accent color for the melons? Because the main fabric is so busy, I decided to go with an accent color. I’m happy with my choice except for the fact that now the melons are much more visible. Tiny melons, I shake my fist at you!!! Sigh. I take heart in the fact that they are at least a little better than my last attempt at tiny melons.



Jane Stickle block G-10Block number/name: G-10 “Woven Meadow”

Date completed: November 22, 2009

Number of pieces: 39

Notes on block: Another two-block night! It always feels good when that happens.

There were many pieces, but this was a very straightforward block piecing-wise. I’m really happy with how this one turned out.

2 comments:

  1. They are both beautiful and I agree, small applique is frustrating :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both blocks are so beautiful. You are really moving on this. As soon as I get some UFO's done I will be back at it with you.

    ReplyDelete