Friday, October 2, 2009

Jane Stickle Quilt: LS-2

Block number/name: LS-2 “Barb’s Diamond”

Date completed: October 1, 2009

Number of pieces: 22

Notes on block: Huzzah! This is my first completed block in more than a month! I’ve just not been feeling the stitchin’ mojo lately. I had hoped to do some sewing on our family vacation over the last few days, but our evenings were not our own (a certain little boy was having a difficult time adjusting to the new sleeping arrangement and ended up staying up way too late each night). We got back yesterday and I was finally able to sit down and stitch. It felt so good to pick this up and put it together, I’m sure that I’ll be back in the swing of things again soon. I’m also really pleased with how well this one came together. If only the leaf in the appliquéd diamond was facing in its intended direction. Ah, well. No one will ever know but me (and you!), right?

Also—another big thank you to the fabulous Evelyn, who gave me this lovely leafy green. Yay!

4 comments:

  1. Your back! Did you have fun? And the block looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you had a good time on your vacation. Little ones have such a hard time when their routine is changed.
    Great block.

    ReplyDelete