Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Dear Baby Jane: D-7

Dear Jane block D-7Block number/name: D-7 “Meeting Place”

Date completed: November 17, 2008

Number of pieces: 13

Notes on block: Inspired by Anina’s version of this block with its yellow scrolls, I decided to use this scrolly holly print. And it’s festive and happy too! This block is pretty simple, but it was a challenge for me. Just as I was about to sew the last sections together, I realized I had pieced one of my white fabrics wrong-side out. Doh! So I had to tear out that piece and restitch. I didn’t really want to take everything apart to do it though, so I ended up having to do an inset seam. At least I had my prior stitching lines to guide me. And then I cut one of the outer white bars 1/8” too narrow. Oops. You can see that the top bar in the picture is not as wide as it should be. And, of course, I realized it after everything was sewn together. I’ve decided that it should be fine. I mean, there’s still a good 1/8” seam allowance left. :)

1 comment:

  1. Looks wonderful. I recently started making Dear Jane blocks. One block a week is my goal. So far so good. :)

    ReplyDelete