Friday, May 22, 2009

Jane Stickle Quilt: TR-12

Jane Stickle block TR-12Block number/name: TR-12 “Jane’s Oak”

Date completed: May 21, 2009

Number of pieces: 4

Notes on block: A block (a triangle, no less!) with only four pieces hardly seems possible. It is probably one of my favorite blocks in the quilt—I just love that wonderful leaf shape. It seemed appropriate to try and find a fabric with a kind of leafy quality to it. I really like how this reproduction vine print calls to mind the veins of a leaf.

I completed the leaf with needleturn appliqué using freezer-paper-on-top. Then I reverse appliquéd the white onto the bottom section. Finally, I pieced the triangle to the top.

5 comments:

  1. That is cool how it looks like veins :)Good thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your colors and your fabric for this block is really special.

    Can you tell me where you found the template to place all your blocks onto the entire quilt?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kris! I have the Dear Jane software. So I took a "snapshot" of the outline drawing of the quilt (that's their version of "copy") and then pasted it into Corel's Paint Shop Pro. As I make my blocks and photograph them, I add them as new layers on top of that original image-- thus creating my design wall.

    Hope that helps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Robin. I don;t have the software, so have created an Excel file. I scan each block as I finish it and add it to my Excel matrix. It works, but I now have so many blocks, it takes forever to load and to save.

    I appreciate your help and good luck with your quilt. I will keep checking your blog and enjoy your progress.

    ReplyDelete