Sunday, February 22, 2009

Jane Stickle Quilt: BR-13

Jane Stickle block BR-13Block number/name: BR-13 “Argyle”

Date completed: February 20, 2009

Number of pieces: 20

Notes on block: Have you ever decided to try and learn something new, thinking that it would be simple and quick, but then it just didn’t work out that way? I spent a little time today trying to figure out Paint Shop Pro and transparent backgrounds in an attempt to make visualizing my triangles without seam allowances much simpler. Ugh. So much for that preconceived notion. I know I just need to take time to read instructions, find tutorials, and experiment. But I just wanted it to be easy. Hopefully, I’ll be able to find some time to play with it again soon.

Thankfully, this block did not cause any frustration. Slow and steady. The most challenging part was trying to figure out what to do with all the seams in the diamond section. I’m afraid mine are going every which way. It’s hard to deal with seams and points in such a small area. But it is laying even and flat, so I’m not going to fret.


  1. Yours came out so beautiful! I had to make this one twice. UGH!

  2. It turned out pretty. I love that green fabric and the fussy piecing.

  3. This turned out so nice! Nice fussy cutting job! Your motifs are perfectly centered. If you say it was it was accidental, then I'm walking away right now. :)

  4. Great looking block. The lady that made this original quilt must have been a mathematical genius.

  5. Pretty!
    Good luck with Paint Shop. I gave up on that one long ago. It's Photoshop all the way for me.