Sunday, August 23, 2009

Jane Stickle Quilt: E-2 & D-1

Jane Stickle block E-2Block number/name: E-2 “Merry May”

Date completed: August 22, 2009

Number of pieces: 11

Notes on block: The center melons in this block are kind of odd. The pieces as printed out from the software are not quite symmetric—one end of each melon is narrower than the other. I went with it, but it bothered me the entire time I was working on it (though clearly not enough for me to take the time to re-draft them). Fortunately, when I look at the finished block, the disparity doesn’t really bother me.



Jane Stickle block D-1Block number/name: D-1 “Alison’s Guiding Light”

Date completed: August 22, 2009

Number of pieces: 23

Notes on block: I really love this block. That starburst in the center is so striking! I stayed up way too late in order to finish it. Thankfully, I was able to sneak in a nap today to help make up for it. It was really nice getting to take some time to sew last night. I recently took on some freelance work and that has been monopolizing my evenings. The money is definitely nice, but I really miss my stitching fun-time!

4 comments:

  1. They are both great! sew, sew, pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are very pretty :) Hope your freelancing goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice. I didn't even notice until I read what you said about E-2. It still looks good and I love the green fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been busy with your blocks.

    ReplyDelete