Monday, March 22, 2010

Jane Stickle Quilt: K-2

Jane Stickle block K-2Block number/name: K-2 “Grandpa’s Chickens”

Date completed: March 19, 2010

Number of pieces: 40

Notes on block: Evidently, I had problems with my seams in this block. The center came out way too big and I essentially had to crush it to get the borders to fit, and it shows. It’s also not my favorite fabric, but it does seem to fit the block (it makes me think of chicken scratches). This one may end up being a do-over. If I happen to get motivated enough.

In more exciting news: we got a new camera! Woo hoo!!! My irrational fear was that the baby was going to come at any moment because we didn’t have a camera. So, it was with great relief that we went out on Saturday and found a new one. It’s pretty spiffy too! We picked up a Sony DSC WX1-- just a point and shoot, but it has lots of handy settings and takes great pictures in low light. It should meet our needs really well.

4 comments:

  1. Yay for a new camera!!!! A point and shoot is perfect with small children because it will be autofocus and you can always have it with you. How many more days/weeks?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice camera and Grandpa's Chickens looks pretty good to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see you got a camera. lol and just in time in case the baby comes.
    Great block.

    ReplyDelete