Block number/name: RS-2 “Cherokee Lee”
Date completed: June 15, 2009
Number of pieces: 24
Notes on block: I did this block out of “order.” I know it doesn’t actually matter, but it bothers me. As I was cutting this one out, I found myself getting all confused because of the directional print (I was trying to make sure that all my vines were going in the appropriate direction). So I laid it out on my clipboard that I keep in my lap as I do handwork (I’ve got a piece of felt clipped on there, so all the pieces stay in place and don’t slip about). Well. Then it became too much trouble to take it off because I know I’d get confused trying to lay it all out again. And so I ended up putting this block together before M-12.
This was a challenging block in that I had a very difficult time trying to pick a fabric, and (having picked the one I did) then had to carefully fussy cut it. But I think it worked out pretty well. (The funky divits are because of the template shapes… if I had pressed the other way, it would be all smooth… but I wanted to press to the green to make it pop out, like it was going over the white.)