Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Jane Stickle Quilt: F-3

Jane Stickle block F-3Block number/name: F-3 “Snowball”

Date completed: February 10, 2009

Number of pieces: 17

Notes on block: This was a really quick block to put together! Usually, I do all my handwork in the evening, after the boy goes to bed. But I picked this one up and completed most of it during his quiet time this afternoon.

This green fabric is from the “Butterfly Queen” collection from In the Beginning. I think it came out in 2002 or 2003? When I saw the collection, I fell in love and actually bought a fat quarter of every print. It’s the one and only time I’ve ever done that.* It’s funny though, because I look at the prints now, and though I like the bright colors and graphic nature of the prints, I can no longer see what it was that I found so compelling about them. I guess it goes to show how tastes can change.

*Well… really, I’ve tried to do it one other time. It was the Cecily Mary Barker “Flower Fairy” collection from Rose and Hubble. But the collection was out of print and so I couldn’t actually manage to find all of the prints. So I figure it doesn’t really count.

3 comments:

  1. absolutely fabulous block there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your fabric choice. Block looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty. I really like the swirls in the center with this block.

    ReplyDelete