Saturday, September 27, 2008

Dear Baby Jane: D-11

Dear Jane block D-11Block number/name: D-11 “Snow Crystal”

Date completed: September 26, 2008

Number of pieces: 17

Notes on block: Handpiecing works so well with inset seams. I've never been very good doing them by machine, but they are a breeze by hand. I used my tried and true method of applique for the diamonds: freezer paper on top, baste, and needleturn. It worked out pretty well for this block since the angles at the tips of the diamonds were pretty wide. The diamonds in the block inspired my fabric choice for this one. I did some fussy cutting, but I'm not sure it's very evident since the print is so regular and the scale is so small.

Both Keith and the Boy were sick this week. I thought I had escaped. I was feeling fine up until Thursday, but I finally succumbed to illness. Stupid head cold. I really dislike feeling so fuzzy-brained and snotty. I attempted to watch the first presidential debate last night as I stitched, but I could not focus at all. We ended up watching Bruce Willis in Live Free or Die Hard. As it involved little to no brain power, it was much fun.

1 comment:

  1. Your blocks are coming along wonderfully. I can't wait to see them all together.

    ReplyDelete