Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Falling behind

Friday before last, my computer died. I think the Boy may have had a hand in its demise somehow, as it fizzled after he pressed the power button on and off like a gazillion times. Fortunately, the hard drive is okay so I won't lose any valuable data (like my fabric in/out spreadsheet!). But the Help Desk (aka, my husband) is still waiting on a part to come in. So-- very little blogging and no Dear Jane blocks. (I like to print them out, and the dead computer is the only one hooked up to a printer). I'm going to have a bunch of catching up to do... I'm already 4 blocks behind!

Meanwhile, I have been keeping busy. I completed another block in my Grandma's Country Album II quilt:

Cockscomb Bouquet
This one is called "Cockscomb Bouquet." I thought I would never finish appliqueing leaves! I still have to embroider the branches between the stems and the little berries. Overall, I think it is pretty. If I had it to do over, I would probably try and choose higher contrast flowers and maybe a more interesting fabric for the pot.

I've also started working on another block:

GCA progress, September 16, 2008

This last weekend, I finally managed to get my Star Quilt Along quilt basted. Yippee!!! Basting is my least favorite part of the quilting process. This quilt was a definite reminder as to why that is: crawling around on the floor for 3 hours, close to 500 safety pins, and very sore fingers, back, and neck. Ugh. But it's done. Sorry I don't have an exciting picture to show you. But it is currently sitting in my machine and getting quilted. I've got a good start on it, but there is still a lot to do.

Today is the first day of preschool for the Boy and I. We'll be attending the toddler class one day a week for two hours. It's all play-based, so hopefully it will be a lot of fun for both of us.

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous! Oh, that finished block is incredible. Your work is so perfect. May I ask, what method do you use for your applique templates?

    ReplyDelete