Saturday, October 2, 2010

Jane Stickle Quilt: L-10

Jane Stickle block L-10Block number/name: L-10 “Nan’s Naiad”

Date completed: October 1, 2010

Number of pieces: 45

Notes on block: This block was definitely a challenge. Inset seams, bias edges, tiny little appliqué triangles... It didn’t help that I also pieced in the inner parallelograms the wrong way and didn’t even realize it until I had already completed the entire center section. I wasn’t about to go back and re-do it all, so I left them, and let the iron help me press them into submission. Astoundingly, that actually worked. In the end, this a pretty darn cool-looking block.

Can you even believe I only have 5 blocks left to make in the center? It kind of blows my mind.

5 comments:

  1. only 5 left?? that's amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That block is really great! I am still amazed that you are doing this by hand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks lovely and only 5 center blocks to go!! So, over what time period have you been making your blocks?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this block is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it great? The end is so close we can touch it. Yay!
    Of course then we'll have to put it all together...

    ReplyDelete