Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Dear Baby Jane: G-1

Dear Jane block G-1Block number/name: G-1 “Hattie’s Hen House”

Date completed: October 6, 2008

Number of pieces: 8

Notes on block: This block went together so well. My appliqué skills are definitely improving—the curves are pretty smooth on this one. I followed Anina’s instructions on this one, creating two four-patches and then appliquéing one atop the other. The only tricky part was thread color. I actually appliquéd each curved section of the shape separately so that I could match the thread to the fabric.

The green fabric in this one was a gift from my friend E. She read on my blog that I was thinking I needed more greens, and she passed this along to me. How cool is that? It really makes this block pop.

4 comments:

  1. You used that fabric! Sweet! I was 90% sure you already had some of it anyway. :-)

    The block looks awesome. I have so much more appreciation now that I know how small they are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another beautiful block! I can't wait to see them all together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete