Monday, October 5, 2009

Jane Stickle Quilt: D-4

Jane Stickle block D-4Block number/name: D-4 “Crystal Star”

Date completed: October 5, 2009

Number of pieces: 17

Notes on block: Yay! Another block complete! I was feeling really good about how this one came together, and how well the melons in the corners worked out. Then I measured the block. It’s only off by 1/8”—but it is off, and I’m a little bummed about it. No worries though. The sashing will help offset the mistake. Did I mention that I’ve actually cut a whole bunch of sashing strips? Now I just need to start attaching them to blocks. It’s on the list.

Today I signed up to attend a quilt retreat in November with Evelyn. Woo hoo!!!! Three whole days of sewing freedom... it’s kind of difficult to imagine. It’s also my first-ever retreat, so that makes it extra exciting. I’m already figuring out what projects to bring along. I suspect some Stickle blocks (and sashing) will be among the luggage.

2 comments:

  1. You did a great job on this block. I am putting this one off for a while. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. A quilt retreat sounds wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete