Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Jane Stickle Quilt: I-13

Jane Stickle block I-13Block number/name: I-13 “Sweet Harmony”

Date completed: October 4, 2010

Number of pieces: 53

Notes on block: 53 pieces… sheesh! This one took me 3 nights to finish. At least it was rather straightforward, piecing-wise. And it is a nifty-looking block. In fact, I really like the look of this one a lot.

It is starting to become more challenging trying to pick fabric for each block at this point. I have a big pile o’ green fabric, and not many blocks left to go. Choosing the perfect fabric becomes an agonizing decision—but agonizing in a fun way. :)

6 comments:

  1. ooh! I really like the clean lines on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a nice one. 3 nights? YIKES!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice block! I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who agonizes over my DJQ fabrics. I think some quilters "assign" a fabric to a peticular block before they start the quilt. Not me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is an excellent one! Yvette is (was) thinking of hand piecing DJ. I think you may have changed her mind with the 3 night thing! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blocks are great. This one looks so crisp! Maybe I'll work on this one next. I think I say that after each of yours I see!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did an amazing job with all those pieces!

    ReplyDelete