Monday, July 6, 2009

Jane Stickle Quilt: E-12 & I-9

Jane Stickle block E-12Block number/name: E-12 “Mary Ruth’s Corset”

Date completed: July 4, 2009

Number of pieces: 28

Notes on block: When I saw the name of this block, I knew I wanted to use a pretty, feminine-looking fabric. Fortunately, the wonderful Zonnah had just sent a few scraps my way—one of which was just perfect for this block. I love how it turned out! And it really does remind me of a corset.

The weather was amazing on Independence Day this year and so we went and watched our town’s annual parade. Or rather, most of it. When the Seafair pirates appeared and made some BIG booms with their cannon, the boy kind of lost it. The startling noise was just too much. He recovered quickly though, and we visited a local water spray park where he got very wet. Much fun!



Jane Stickle block I-9Block number/name: I-9 “Chase a Myth”

Date completed: July 4, 2009

Number of pieces: 41

Notes on block: This is another block where I used some fabulous Zonnah scraps. It’s hard to tell in the picture, but the fabric actually has a subtle print. Very pretty! While stitching this one, my husband and I watched a crazy-cheezy movie called Mega Shark versus Giant Octopus, starring Deborah Gibson and Lorenzo Lamas (if you're feeling extra brave, check out the preview!). Oh, my! I thought it was fun, but my husband finished really questioning why such movies even get made. So we had to purge our systems with a viewing of The Hunt for Red October. Ahhh…. Much better!

4 comments:

  1. I thought I reconized the fabric :P
    They look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and Zonnah are so talented. Those blocks are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! When I see your blocks and Zonnah's, it makes me want to try one of these quilts. What a treasure it will be!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look fantastic!

    Have you put any of the blocks together?

    ReplyDelete