Thursday, January 8, 2009

Dear Baby Jane: LS-6 & F-4

Dear Jane block LS-6Block number/name: LS-6 “Susie Q”

Date completed: January 7, 2009

Number of pieces: 25

Notes on block: I’m grateful that Anina is interspersing the triangles and center blocks. If the triangles were all left until the end, I suspect I would be in trouble. They'd never get done! Triangles just seem to take me a long time. It’s not that they’re any more difficult… it’s more like I just can’t focus on them as well. I completed the appliquéd top section as well as the bottom section of the block last Thursday (1/1), then the middle portion on Sunday and (finally) put everything together tonight. I guess that’s not too bad. It only took a week.

The green triangles in this block were sized such that it allowed me to use the fabric I cut for I-4 that I didn’t end up using. I really like this green a lot… it’s very tropical and happy! It was one I got from the Dear Baby Jane green swap a few months ago.



Dear Jane block F-4Block number/name: F-4 “Old Windmill”

Date completed: January 7, 2009

Number of pieces: 13

Notes on block: Two blocks in one night. Yay! I chose the fabrics I did for this one because they both made me think of wind, which seems appropriate for this block.

No comments:

Post a Comment