Monday, January 26, 2009

On turning two

The Boy had a wonderful birthday. Thank you for all your well-wishes!

happy balloon boy
We had a small family party on Saturday with the grandparents and great-grandmas, plus a couple of friends and their little one. There were lots of smiles, lots of love, and lots of balloons. He loves balloons. He also received many wonderful gifts, including some fabulous handmade goodness from our crafty friend, E.

roll-up chalkboard from E
It's a roll-up chalkboard! How cool is that?

I even managed to get a picture of him with his new pillow.

boy with moon pillow
He has been sleeping with it at night, and tossing it around during the day. So I count it as a success.

I still can't believe he's two!

With all of the birthday festivities, I didn't get much crafting done. But today I got to spend a little time on my Playtime quilt, sewing together the first set of blocks.

month one progress
So far, I've managed to complete ten 4" ribbon stars, eleven 4" sawtooth stars, and one 6" Ohio star. That leaves nine more Ohio stars plus two 6" old windmill blocks to complete this first month of blocks. I'm feeling pretty good about my progress so far.

I also got news that my quilt guild has decided to delay the challenge quilt deadline by one month. So now I have until the March meeting to get it done. I'm not sure how I feel about that. It is nice to have the extra time, but knowing that I have extra time kind of makes me want to procrastinate. At this point, I've finished adding the borders. Next I need to piece the back, baste, and quilt. Now the trick is not putting it off until the end of February!

3 comments:

  1. He's so cute! And a real little boy now!
    I LOVE the Playtime Quilt. It's going to be so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to the little one! Thanks for your tip on the Dear Jane. I'm sure that it will really help. Your moon was indeed a success especially if he was sleeping with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He looks very happy to be 2. Children grow to fast. Your stars are great. I think I would just get that challenge out of the way, then you can play.

    ReplyDelete