Sunday, January 18, 2009

Happy day!

Today we took a spur-of-the-moment family hike! We drove about 30 minutes to get to Tiger Mountain, just off of I-90 at Exit 20. The day was absolutely beautiful (albeit a little chilly), with clear blue skies and bright happy sun. Since it was our first visit to the area, we decided do one of the shorter trails, just circling Tradition Lake. The boy hiked for a little bit, but went up onto my back for the majority of the trek.

in the carrier
We all had a really good time.

happy hiking boy
Hopefully, we'll get to go again and do some more exploring soon!

On the way home, we checked the mail.

Autumn Houses kit 1
I was ecstatic to find the first kit for the Autumn House block of the month! Since I only received the shipping notice on Thursday, I wasn't expecting to receive it for a few days. Then I checked the address on the package and realized that Shabby Fabrics is located here in Washington state. Now I feel even happier about this block of the month, knowing that I'm also supporting a (relatively) local business (it's just a big bonus if my block comes super fast each month too!). I'm excited to get started!

3 comments:

  1. I hike sounds like fun. The Autumn House quilt looks like a fun project. The fabrics for it look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great day for you and your son. And you got a workout carrying him around. Can't wait to see your Autumn block. Are you going to do hand applique? or fuse?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Tiger Mountain. And the weather was perfect for that on Sunday.
    Cute, cute BOM!

    ReplyDelete