Friday, January 30, 2009

Playtime - Month 1

Woo hoo! I've managed to complete my first set of blocks for Playtime-- and I even did it before the end of the month.

Playtime blocks month 1
To summarize, I finished:
  • 10 - 6" Ohio Stars
  • 11 - 4" Sawtooth Stars
  • 10 - 4" Ribbon Stars
  • 2 - 6" Old Windmills
Phew! I'm feeling kind of accomplished.

Since I didn't really have any direction as far as what fabrics to use where for these blocks, I was very concerned about how they would work in the quilt. So I used Paint Shop Pro to help me visualize how they'll look (just like I do with my Jane Stickle blocks):

Playtime progress month 1
It's not perfect, but you kind of get the idea (I don't have a scanner, so I had to take a picture of the block layout page that came with the pattern). I was afraid maybe I got a little too crazy with my fabric combos. But after seeing them kind of laid out, I think they're a lot of fun and will look snazzy.

Now I can move onto month two! (But only after I do some work on my challenge quilt!)

5 comments:

  1. I just love how you do your projects in Paint Shop. These blocks look great!! I look forward to February's block.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That quilt is going to be so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful! So it's a block of the month?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy cow that is one intense month! It looks awesome all laid out ... can't wait to see the next month's! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, I missed this post. Your blocks looks so pretty and I like that layout plan. Cool!

    ReplyDelete