Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Jane Stickle Quilt: G-9

Jane Stickle block G-9Block number/name: G-9 “Mary’s Journey”

Date completed: June 3, 2009

Number of pieces: 33

Notes on block: It feels as if it has been forever since I last completed a block, though it has only been a couple of weeks. Frankly, I am a little surprised at how well this one turned out. As I was sewing, it seemed like some of the pieces were too big, that the seams just weren’t lining up, and that I might just have to scrap it. But, with a good press from the iron at the very end, it seems to have turned out alright.

Meanwhile, I’ve been continuing my virtual adventures in Azeroth. I’m level 45 now. And I’m still having a lot of fun. So, the stitching is still kind of taking a back seat for the time being. But this block has re-energized me some, so maybe I’ll try and do a little block catch-up!

5 comments:

  1. It came out pretty.

    I made my first block by hand. I need to re-watch the video because I think I may have forgot to a few things. It wasn't as easy as it looks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe we need to design a WOW quilt. Then you can do both at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, you crack me up..."virtual adventures in Azeroth". Anyhoo it made me think of the wow episodes of "pure pwnage" in season one. If you have not, you should. They are online. Oh and have you seen the online show called "the guild"? You would like it as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good grief Robin....those points are so perfect...what kind of foot do you use on your machine? I'm thinking that may make the difference for me....or...do you just have some great trick for getting them so perfect.

    ReplyDelete