Tuesday, May 5, 2009

May block exchange

The start of another month means it's nearly time for my next guild meeting and for the next block exchange block. (If you're interested, you can read about how the block exchange works.) This month was kind of fun. The box was full of lovely purple, green, and blue batik strips.

box o' happy Bali strips
According the instruction sheet, the batiks were from a Hoffmann Bali Pops pack-- essentially a jelly roll, but all Hoffman batiks. So pretty!

This is the block she had us make:

KH's block exchange block
Simple, but so effective! (More so in real life... the colors are much more vibrant in person.) I love the batiks with the pretty white-on-white print she included. I'm thinking I may have to file this idea away in that "quilts I want to make someday" file in the back of my brain.

4 comments:

  1. I didn't like batiks at first, but now I love them. Your block is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice block. Those blocks will make a beautiful quilt when she gets them all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those colors, the block is awesome.

    ReplyDelete