Friday, June 27, 2008

Star Quilt Along, Week 9

Here is my block for Week 9 of amandajean's Star Quilt Along:

Star Quilt Along, block 9
Only 4 more stars to go! I kind of have a color-plan in my head, in hopes of making them all work. Now, if I can only remember it by the time the next block is posted...

Stitchery is on the slow side this week. I've been more focused on cooking. I've made some tasty stuff this week, including a bunch from Cooking Light: I also made a couple of recipes from The Petit Appetit Cookbook. It is focused on making food for babies and toddlers. I made meatloaf and mashed potatoes with carrots. My hope was that we could all eat together as a family and get the boy eating something new that is not related to the nugget family (as in chicken nuggets and fish sticks). Of course, papa was late getting home from work, and the boy refused to eat. So much for that plan! But, at least he ate some of the leftovers the next day, so hope is not lost.

2 comments:

  1. Another beautiful block! I just love the fabrics you are using, I can't wait to see your "plan".
    Those foods sound delicious. My husband does not like veggies :( I try to sneak them in when I can though. I love them, so maybe I will have to make that salad for myself! And the mushroom chicken! He will just have to pick out the mushrooms or make his own dinner, lol. I hope things are going well. Love Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting my blog and for the kind words about the fabric choices in my blocks! I like that you called them "coordinatedly scrappy" -- I think you just coined a new phrase! And I think I'll start using it, too!

    ReplyDelete