Thursday, February 4, 2010

Playtime: the checkerboard

This morning, I finished up another Playtime block!

Playtime Quilt: the checkerboard
This block is probably the simplest one in the quilt. I'm thinking I may put some buttons on there for checkers once it's all done. That might be kind of cute.

Between this and the Jane Stickle block I recently finished, I feel like I've been appliqueing a lot of stars lately. Good practice!

And my progress thus far:

Playtime progress chart, 2-4-2010

The next block is the train. I spent a few minutes looking it over yesterday, and have a feeling it might take awhile. It's 43" long, and there's lots of applique involved!

3 comments:

  1. You are making great progress on this quilt. I can't wait to see it when you've finished assembling the quilt top. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As my nose was pressed against the computer screen, having a good look, I thought the same thing. You should put some checkers on there!! It looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete