Saturday, August 23, 2008

Rediscovery

In February 1999 I started a project. It was a Robert Callaham project from McCall's Quilting called Grandma's Country Album II. Over the course of a year, I managed to complete 6 of the 13 blocks. Then I must have decided to move on to other things, because that's all I ever managed to do. I didn't even consider it as a UFO because it was that far off my radar.

Anyway, last week while on a completely unrelated search I found my stash of blocks. I took a look and was pleasantly surprised to find that most of the blocks really weren't that bad (somehow, I was remembering them as turning out horribly). What with my new found enjoyment of applique, I decided that I wanted to finish the quilt. Lo and behold, I even had a block completely prepped and waiting. Over the course of the last week, between Dear Jane blocks, I stitched it together.

Grandma's Country Album II block Patchwork Pineapple
It's fun to have an old project suddenly become fresh again. And now I have another block to add to the pile!

2 comments:

  1. That is a great block. I wish some of my UFOs would refresh themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! I love the quilt block and your work is such a pleasure to look at. I'm really enjoying your Green DJ.

    ReplyDelete