Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Greenpiece blocks complete!

Happy first day of Fall! Woo hoo! It is my favorite season. I've always associated fall with freshness and new beginnings (probably from my many years as a student, always looking forward to the new school year). I also love all of the beautiful autumn colors, the crispness in the air, and all of the fun holidays (my favorite is Thanksgiving!). I got married in the fall too, making it even more special.

Last fall, I started in on the Moda Greenpiece block of the month. Now, a year later, there is an end in sight.

Pieced block 10:

Greenpiece pieced block number 10
These were the last center blocks! Left to do: trim and piece the center blocks together, complete one pieced border and then two (simple) outside borders. I'm not pressuring myself to finish (I have other projects that are higher priority), but am excited about how close I'm getting to the end. I think this is going to be a wonderful quilt!

4 comments:

  1. Yay! It's amazing that you've been able to do this while being pregnant and having a brand new baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I see the light at the end of the tunnel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blocks and happy fall to you too!

    ReplyDelete