Friday, April 3, 2015

March got away from me!

Yikes! March was crazy sauce. Where did it even go??? While I apparently failed to blog, I did manage to do some making-- including some fun clothes for my end-of-month trip to Las Vegas (which was Awesome!!! with a capital 'A'). Once I get them laundered (they have some Vegas stench going on at this point), I'll take pictures to share.

In the meantime, I finally had the opportunity to gift the baby quilt I finished at the beginning of the year!


Kitten Play, front

This is another happy design from the book Crazy for Baby by Me & My Sister Designs. Can you believe this is my third quilt from this book? (See: quilt one, quilt two) Clearly, I am a fan.

Kitten Play, quilting detail, front side

The pattern is called, "Crazy for Baby," but I am calling this one "Kitten Play"-- because, KITTIES! The kitty print is "Paris Paws" from Alexander Henry. So cute.

Kitten Play, quilting detail, back side

Through the center, my quilting was inspired by Natalia Bonner's book, Beginner's Guide to Free-Motion Quilting, and her "Loops and Poppies" design. Then I tried to balance the curvy quilting with straight-line action in the pieced border sections. I did a little poppy-loop chain through the kitty border. I think it all worked together really well. Auriful Mako 50/2 thread was used for all of the quilting (I'm pretty sure I used #2423, "Baby Pink" throughout).

Kitten Play, back

I'm running out of big pieces in the stash, so it's all about the pieced back lately. The beautiful solid in there is Flamingo Pink from Northcott (note to self: get more!).


Kitten Play, label

I especially like the label on this one. Cuteness!

Kitten Play, front side view

And baby Rina and mama love their new quilt!

2 comments:

  1. Your March sounds like mine. I love the color combo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carrie! The colors turned out to be perfect for baby Rina, which made me happy. :)

      Delete