Saturday, September 28, 2013

Spring Mystery Quilt complete!

Heather Spence Mystery Quilt button

My 2013 Spring Mystery Quilt from Heather Spence Designs is complete!

Spring Mystery Quilt, front view

It was a fun quilt to put together, and it was good use-what-I-have project: no fabric was purchased for this quilt!

Spring Mystery Quilt, front quilting detail

I used Aurifil 50/2 thread in dove (2600) and rusty orange (2240) for the quilting. I started with the straight diagonal lines using my walking foot. Then I stippled in the open areas of the center.

Spring Mystery Quilt, back quilting detail

I then did the inner border in a stacked ripple and each of the cornerstones have a square-on-point outline with stippling in the center (I failed to get a good picture of that though.) The outside border is quilted in straight lines the same width apart as the ones in the center. I used Kona Navy for the binding and finished it by machine, ala Red Pepper Quilts.

Spring Mystery Quilt, back view

I love the pieced back on this. It really works for me. I think the symmetry makes me happy.

Spring Mystery Quilt, side view

This quilt is going to be donated to Camp Korey, one of the local charitable organizations my guild supports. I have no doubt its future will include many snuggles. :)

And, in case the thought of doing a mystery quilt intrigues you-- there is going to be another one starting soon! The Heather Spence Designs Fall 2013 Mystery is starting on October 4th. Sign up now!

Edited to add:

If you like this design, it is now available for purchase through Heather's shop. The pattern is called "Connect the Dots."

No comments:

Post a Comment