Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Remakes!

Now that school is out, I've managed to do a bit of sewing. Yay! I started with a few re-makes.

I started with another rendition of Kwik Sew 3513:

KS3513 and a Kirsten Kimono Tee, front tucked view

Here I've got the top tucked in so you can see the foldover waistband.

KS3513 and a Kirsten Kimono Tee, back tucked view

I loved this the first time I sewed it up, and my love remains constant. It is a simple, straightforward, and effective design! I again made a size Medium. My only change was to add 5" to the length in order to make it into more of a maxi-skirt. The fabric is a Maggy London ITY knit from Fabric Mart.

KS3513 and a Kirsten Kimono Tee, side view

The aqua top that I'm wearing with the skirt is another remake of the Maria Denmark Kirsten Kimono Tee. This is the third one I've made (version one | version two). This time I used a poly/lycra jersey knit in a pretty Caribbean blue from Fabric Mart. This is the Large with a 1" dartless FBA (Maria Denmark offers a friendly tutorial for no-dark fronts). Such a fabulous design made even more so because Maria Denmark offers it as a FREE pattern when you sign up for her newsletter.

KS3513 and a Kirsten Kimono Tee, front view

And here is another Kirsten Kimono Tee:

Kirsten Kimono Tee, double back edition - collage

So the only remarkable thing about this rendition is that I somehow managed to cut two of the same piece... I put back in the photo above, but looking at it now in comparison to the aqua one, I think maybe I cut two fronts? (It was really hard to tell because I also messed up in cutting the neckline a bit... sigh.) Anyway, I didn't have enough fabric to cut a new back. While it definitely doesn't fit quite right, it actually is in fact wearable. Phew! The fabric is another ITY knit from Fabric Mart.

All of these pieces are now in regular rotation in my wardrobe. Tried and true!

2 comments:

  1. Your maxi looks like the LuLaRoe maxis I love. Your family is lucky to have such a crafty and talented mom and wife.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww... thanks! :) I have one LuLaRoe top that I really like. But their sizing is so all-over-the-place I can't just jump on the bandwagon. But, I love that I can made similar styles and control the fit so that it works for my body.

      Delete