Friday, July 15, 2016

Pink lightning capris (because lightning makes you run faster)

This was actually my first-ever activewear project (finished before the Jalie skort I blogged about earlier this week), but I didn't actually work out in them until this morning when I took them out for a run.

Duathlon Shorts, pink capris, full front view

These are the capri length leggings from the Fehr Trade Duathlon Shorts pattern. I've paired them with an ill-fitting (but cheap) top I picked up at Macy's. (Note to self: need to work on making some activewear tops that actually fit!)

Duathlon Shorts, pink capris, front view

For my first attempt at activewear, I figured I couldn't go wrong with Fehr Trade as I have only read positive things about instructions and fit for all of her designs. Sure enough, the instructions were great! Very straightforward and clear throughout. The fit is pretty good as well. Based on my measurements (32" waist, 42" hips), I went with the Medium. They aren't super tight-- there is actually some looseness at the top of my thighs in back which is a little weird, but also fine... I guess I was expecting a bit more compression. Other than that, I feel like they are great all around.

The pink fabrics are from an activewear binge from Fabric Mart last December, both nylon/Lycra blends. The bit of black is some activewear jersey (92% Poly/8% Lycra) I picked up from Fabric.com.

Duathlon Shorts, pink capris, back view

I LOVE the rise in these and the elastic at the waist. Very comfortable and nothing moves.

Duathlon Shorts, pink capris, side view

My one wish is that the side pockets were a bit wider so that I could stash my phone in there if I wanted. And without any elastic or anything at the top edge to help secure it better, I'm not sure I'd trust to put much in the pockets.

Duathlon Shorts, pink capris, full side view

As for how they felt-- very comfortable! There was no funky rubbing or anything. Everything stayed put. I'm excited to try them at my next HIIT workout-- I think they'll be great for that too. These are going to get a lot of wear!

2 comments:

  1. I'm actually trying to find a baby quilt pattern that you blogged about in 2009. It had a panda in the center and was surrounded by pinwheels. My son has found it on Pinterest and shown it to me, as an idea for my first grandbaby, but I've spent hours on Pinterest trying to track down a pattern. Would you remember this quilt? quitingkat@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had more info to give you-- you are not the first person to ask! The designer's blog has been defunct for a few years now and I have spent some time attempting to track her down, but to no avail. The design was from AJ Designs, and instructions were posted on her blog as a quilt-a-long. I don't have any of the details at this point. I threw out my print-outs long ago. :(

    I don't know if you've seen this one-- it is a freebie from Fat Quarter Shop:

    http://static.fatquartershop.com/media/wysiwyg/pdf/Panda-monium-Pattern.pdf

    It isn't the same-- but it is definitely cute and with a couple of borders (maybe including a fun pinwheel one like in the original panda quilt)-- it could be made into a nice crib size. Or it could be a good starting point to try and build your own panda.

    Best wishes,
    Robin

    ReplyDelete