Thursday, December 24, 2015

It's not all selfish sewing here...

While I have been doing lots of sewing for me lately, there have been a couple other projects in the queue for others as well. This one was for Little Bear (who had just finished eating a blue sucker when I took these... truly, he's not freezing to death here!):

Varsity Cowl Neck Pullover, front view

It is the Varsity Cowl Neck Pullover from Peekaboo Patterns. I recently saw this made up by Stacy Sews and it looked like something my boy would like (he is into cozy sweaters) and so I picked it up during a recent sale.

Varsity Cowl Neck Pullover, back view

I used a knit from my stash. It is pretty snazzy because it is solid on one side and has the stripes on the other, making it perfect for the contrasting neck and hem bands.

Varsity Cowl Neck Pullover, collar detail

The pattern is very straightforward and the instructions are very clear and easy to follow.

Little Bear is 5 years old and is wearing a 4T-5T in RTW. I sewed up the size 5 for him, and it fits about how a Gymboree 5T fits him (so there is a bit of room to grow for him). So-- the fit seems spot on!

And it is, indeed, very cozy.

Varsity Cowl Neck Pullover, action view

And perfect for my active boy!

Varsity Cowl Neck Pullover, climbing view

I already have plans for another (maybe two...).

No comments:

Post a Comment