Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Last weekend...

I did some sewing! First up, the last-minute birthday gift for a super-awesome 1-year-old:

Turtle coloring wallet, looking cute

It is the "Child's Coloring Wallet" by JCasa Handmade-- my go-to toddler gift! This little dude is apparently into turtles, so I went with it. Because of its white background, I went ahead and interfaced to give it some additional opacity. As a bonus, it got a little more heft, too! Going forward, I'll probably adding interfacing to the outer every time.

Turtle coloring wallet, open view

The inside features a fun Michael Miller bug-in-jars print with some random stash stripes.

I also finished up a dress:

V1351, hanging unhemmed

Here is Vogue 1351 hanging prior to hemming. There will be pics showing it in all of its hemmed glory soon!

With the dress complete, I was feeling the quilting mojo return:

getting started with quilting on my green True Blue quilt

It's a big one, so it is going to take me awhile (quality quilting time is at a premium right now as we're getting ready for back-to-school). But at least it is started. That seems like a big part of the battle for me, just getting the quilting process going.

1 comment: