Thursday, August 14, 2014

Prepping patterns

Inspired by my recent dress success, I'm finding I want to sew some more clothes (and use more stash!). I've prepped some patterns and am hoping to cut fabric for these projects today:
    Plan for StyleArc Ann-T

  • StyleArc Ann-T. I am so excited to try a StyleArc pattern and this one looks like it could potentially be a wardrobe staple (and it is available for free right now if you sign up for their mailing list)! This is going to be a (hopefully) wearable muslin to test it out before I go and buy the fabric I really want. Here's hopin' it works!

  • Plan for Vogue 1351

  • Vogue 1351-- a pretty cowl-neck dress. I bought this fabric from fabric.com in 2011 kind of on a whim, and am finally feeling inspired to use it. But, I have to admit, I am also feeling a bit intimidated by this one. It is a pattern designed for a woven, but I'm using a knit (which seems fine-- I've looked at many reviews and it seems that is kind of the norm on this one)-- and I'm concerned about making sure I stabilize everything the right way. Clear elastic? Stay tape? Knit stay tape? Applying said stabilizers? Neckline. Shoulders. Waistline??? It is a rabbit hole, I tell you! Sigh... totally overthinking it. I just need to get in there and do it.

  • Plan for Kwik Sew 3513

  • Kwik Sew 3513-- I've been wanting a flowy knit skirt for quite some time. I ran across this pattern over the weekend and decided I needed to give it a go.
It is a random collection to be sure (no "Sewing With A Plan" here!), but they are all pieces I'm feelin' at the moment. So maybe that means I'll actually get them made.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Robin, I've made that Kwik Sew skirt. It's super comfortable and a quick make. You'll love it. I should make a few more! I have one in black ITY that is a wardrobe workhorse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you will create some beauties. That blue for your skirt is really pretty.

    ReplyDelete