Friday, April 12, 2013

Spring Mystery Quilt!

As she did last fall, Heather Spence is hosting another mystery quilt along to benefit a family that is working through the challenge of a child with cancer. The sign-up cost for the program is only $15, and all of the proceeds go to help that designated family. Every week Heather posts a "clue"-- the next piece of the instructions to create a quilt. What that quilt is going to look like in the end? That is the mystery!

Heather Spence Designs Mystery Quilt button

I really enjoyed the Fall Mystery (the facebook group especially was a lot of fun!), so I've gone ahead and signed up for the Spring edition. The first clue came today! I haven't started cutting, but I've gone through my stash and chosen my fabrics (yay for using the stash!):

my Spring Mystery Quilt fabric choices

The focus fabric is "Merryville" from Michael Miller's "Tot Town" collection. The orange accent is from Riley Blake's All Stars 2, and the background will just be a bright Kona white (mostly because that is the only fabric I have enough of in my stash; but I also think it will help the colors to really pop). The focus fabric is directional, so I'm not sure yet how it will work, but another mystery quilter has asked Heather about the suitability of directional fabrics, so I imagine I'll hear for sure soon. No worries, though. I have a back-up plan if needed.

Feeling adventurous? It is not too late. Sign up now!

No comments:

Post a Comment