Monday, April 8, 2013

Another birthday...

...another pillow! This time, it is for one of Little Bear's preschool friends who just turned 3:

Charlie's pillow, front view

The pillow is yet another iteration of the awesome Personalized Name Pillows pattern from Kimberbell Designs. I have made this pillow many times, and it is always very well received. On this one I tried something a little different and made the outside border slightly wider. I really like how it frames the center and shows off the prints a little better.

Charlie's pillow, top view, including manicure

On the back is a super-soft Moda cuddle fabric (brown is one of Charlie's favorite colors... can you guess the others?). And look-- you can also check out my mani! I seem to spend a lot more time on my nails lately than on sewing. (Lately I've been thinking I'd be posting more if I had a nail blog rather than a crafty one!) But a finished project is typically a good motivator for me, so hopefully I'll find myself doing more stitching. If nothing else, another friend is having a baby-- so a baby quilt is on the agenda. Woo!

There has been a lot of talk lately about the demise of Google Reader. As it was my blog reader of choice, I am sorry to see it go. I recently switched over to feedly, and while it is definitely not the same as Reader, it isn't too bad. (High praise, right?) Ugh. Change is hard. LOL!

It seems that a lot of peeps are putting their stock into Bloglovin'. If you are one of those, you can also Follow my blog with Bloglovin.



1 comment: