Wednesday, January 12, 2011

With more chunky goodness!

I'm continuing to make progress on putting my Stickle blocks together. I've assembled a few more chunks o' Jane:

assembled blocks, G-10 to J-13
G-10 to J-13

assembled blocks, K-7 to M-9
K-7 to M-9

assembled blocks, K-4 to M-6
K-4 to M-6

There was some seam ripping involved in these after I accidentally added bottom borders to all of the M blocks. I realized after they were complete that in order for the triangle borders to fit, there can only be a 1/4" border on the outside edges of the center. And since my plan is to do those outside borders as long solid strips, the wider pieced ones had to go. At least I figured it out before I got everything together.

I'm nearly ready to assemble the center! (And trepidation grows as I try to psyche myself up for the triangle borders... bias edges, here I come!)

12 comments:

  1. Good luck with the center! It's looking great so far and I'm sure you'll blitz the triangles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely wonderful... how exciting ! LOVE your color scheme and fabric choices.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This really is exciting!
    Are you doing this by hand too?

    ReplyDelete
  4. that blanket is going to be absolutely stunning! can't wait to see it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's looking amazing, good luck with the triangles, I'm sure you'll take care and it'll be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very exciting!!! How beautiful they look together. Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOOO HHOO!! You go girl!! They are looking great! Are you paper piecing where you can? The border triangles are a lot easier paper pieced!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous, Robin! I think I might spend hours and hours just watching your babyJanes)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so jealous! This is looking amazing. I can't wait to see it together. Or partially together. Whatever pictues I see, I'm happy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is looking fantastic. I am so impressed that you have done this. I love the colors you have chosen.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looking good. Good luck with the bias edges.

    ReplyDelete