Sunday, August 14, 2011

Hop to It: "Spring Breezes"

Since I'm not really going in any order, I skipped along to block 11 for this month. This might be my favorite Hop to It block thus far:

Hop to It, block 11
I just love the weaving vines and leaves, the flowing design, the lovely background, and the colors... oh, the colors! Somehow, I just lucked out on this one in picking fabrics. Happy!

All of the usual techniques prevailed in this one... bias bars for the stems, Perfect Circles for the berries, and needleturn with freezer paper on top for everything else. I had a few problems with placement of the dark green leaves (they should have been placed a little further down on their respective stems), but I managed to make it work without having to tear anything out. So I count that as a success.

I'm now caught back up to where I'm supposed to be block-wise on this project. Woo hoo!

8 comments:

  1. You did this one fast! I think it may be one of my favorites too. Your circles are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your applique is beautiful! I've recently discovered how nice orange can work and it looks great in this block.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I have to agree with you! This one really POPS!! I love the brightness of the orange in contrast to the deep colours that are usually on these blocks!! You must be pretty close to done with them! Can't wait to see where it goes!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfection!!! I love how the colors flow. Love It!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great block Robin, I really like the way the vines weave in and out

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another beauty!!! And, oh the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are right, this one is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay..so this has to be my favorite block now. I love the colors. Glad you got caught up!

    ReplyDelete