Yikes! Time flies, right? I'm afraid that back-to-school this year has been a challenge. One in half-day kinder, another in third grade, two different schools... I'm still trying to find a routine that balances me-time with volunteer work (PTA, classroom, HOA, etc.), chores and the have-to-get-dones. While I am getting some crafting time, blogging has had to fall to the wayside. That's why it has taken so long to get to this quilt:
I finished it back in July but didn't manage to gift it until late August. But I'm finally getting it blogged now!
This quilt started from some oops blocks. The blocks were fine, but they just were not working in the quilt for which they were intended so I switched them out. They were kind of a funky size though, so I ended up designing this quilt to make use of them (I couldn't let this cute fabric go to waste!).
Here is the Electric Quilt design image:
Pretty close! Gotta say, EQ is a really helpful design tool.
The quilting is pretty simple: a stipple over most; straight lines in the aqua areas, and a cute orange peel cross in the yellow parts.
I used various coordinating colors of Aurifil 50/2 for the quilting, including white (2024), light turquoise (2805), and medium butter (2130).
Most of the fabric, including the back (pictured above), came from my stash (yay!), though I had to purchase the striped background/border fabric.
This quilt was given to baby Clark.
I have it on good authority that he loves it! Yay!