Tuesday, August 13, 2013

UFO Challenge Win!

Nothing But UFOs in 2013 button

As if I wasn't a winner enough just for successfully doing the challenge, I also won Carrie P.'s "Nothing But UFOs" July drawing! Yesterday afternoon, I received my prize...

just look at how pretty this package is!

It was wrapped so prettily!

look at all of this happy goodness!

And inside was a wonderful array of treats-- some handmade, some vintage, and lots of happy.

even the zipper pouch was full of treats...

Even the little pouch was full of goodies! (Look at those trims! And that lovely handkerchief!)

And the block is gorgeous... it needs a picture all its own:

a beautiful applique block from Carrie P.

I'm kind of thinking it would make a lovely quilted pillow cover. I've not made one before. But Carrie P. has made quite a few-- so it just kind of feels right, you know?

Meanwhile, I am plugging along with my August challenge. I'm binding up the baby quilt, and I've started quilting my Mod Mosaic.

quilting progress on my Mod Mosaic block exchange quilt

Progress!

Many thanks to Carrie P. and her monthly motivational challenge. It feels good to work on these UFOs and even better to be finishing them!

1 comment:

  1. congrats! that vintage block would make a very nice pillow.
    I like the quilting I see so far.

    ReplyDelete