Despite many good intentions, I only just managed to get the Purple Patchwork Panda basted and quilted this last weekend.
As you may recall, I was having trouble with one of the fabrics in the quilt. In one of the blocks, the purple fabric began to bleed into the white background. After a couple of failed attempts at trying to mitigate the bleeding, I decided to just get it quilted and see what happens in the wash. I also decided to stay with my plan to use the same purple fabric on the back. But, before basting, I went ahead and washed the backing to be safe.
After 8 (yes... that's right... 8!) washes, the Color Catcher was still picking up dye (though, as you can see in the picture above, by the last couple of trips through the washer, the Color Catcher was only very lightly colored). I used Synthrapol in the first 3 loads, then I switched to regular detergent. Apparently, this fabric is just cursed. And, having seen that, I came to the conclusion that the project either needed to be scrapped, or I just needed to go for it. So it is quilted, and now I'm working on the binding.
As soon as the binding is complete, my plan is to wash the quilt. We'll see what happens!