Thursday, July 19, 2018

Hearts Full

My heart is definitely full! I have just completed my two-year term as PTA president at my boys' elementary school and I am finally finding myself with the energy and wherewithal to craft again! Huzzah! I mean, I've done stuff here and there-- very occasionally-- and I've kept track of those on Instagram (my account name is furicious). Blogging however has just not been a thing. But, now that I'm finding myself in my craft room a bit more regularly, I'm feeling the urge to journal again. So here I am!

First up: a quilt! I started this quilt in the summer of 2016, when I learned that one of my friends was pregnant. The design is from a Moda Bake Shop tutorial, "Layers of Love," by Sterling LaBosky. I used a Kate Spain "Aria" layer cake and a couple of Kona solids.

Hearts Full quilt front

By January 2017, I was quilting it. But then life got in the way and it sat unfinished until last month when I finally picked it up again and finished it off. Baby is nearly two. Doh!

Hearts Full quilt back view

Fortunately, mama was very understanding and graciously accepted my belated baby gift. As it turns out, baby toddler girl is a big fan of snuggling under blankets. So, yay!

Hearts Full quilt label close-up

I quilted it with Aurifil Mako 50/2 thread in 2710 (Light Robin's Egg blue) using an all-over design.

Hearts Full quilting detail

Hearts seemed appropriate. Since it is hard to see, I've highlighted the design I used in the photo below.

Hearts Full quilting design

I was worried, especially since it was already half-quilted, that I would struggle to get going again. Thankfully, I quickly found my rhythm quickly and all went well. Phew!

Hearts Full quilt front side view

I finished the quilt with a machine stitched binding, a personalized label, and a trip through the washer to get it all crinkled and snuggleable.

Hearts Full quilt folded and pretty

Hopefully, Lady M will enjoy her new quilt!

No comments:

Post a Comment