My goals for last year:
- Use more fabric than I buy.-- Ha!
Fabric In: 148.700
Fabric Used: 88.801
I feel like I did exercise a lot of self restraint though. So that's something, right?
- Finish at least one UFO-- Only one UFO finished, but it was a biggie-- "Forest Canopy" for the win!
- Put together my Jane Stickle top.-- So close on this one... I've stalled out on adding the final outside border (the narrow 2.5" one that I'll cut the scallops from after quilting). But the center is otherwise done. Woo!
- Have fun with being creative and making stuff!-- This one was a total win! I have had lots of fun this year branching out from just quilting-- I did a lot more sewing and made lots of clothes, bags, and pincushions (my new addiction). I've also been pretty good about keeping up with our family scrapbook, which I'm feeling really proud about.
Only 5 quilts (and one of those was a little wallhanging), but lots of bags, pincushions, and even a fair amount of clothes.
My goals for 2012:
- Use more fabric than I buy.-- Someday, I'm going to actually meet this goal. Maybe this is the year? :)
- Get my Jane Stickle quilt basted and start quilting it!
- Complete the Amy Butler Style Stitches challenge.-- The actual challenge group is seemingly retired, but I still really want to make those last two bags in the book.
- Finish some UFOs-- Specifically, I'd really like to finish Hop to It, Playtime, and (highest priority!) my wedding quilt (started in 2002... as this year will be our 10th anniversary, it seems like it is time).
- Keep exercising!-- Last summer I started exercising regularly (primarily running) and it is not only helping me physically (I've lost nearly 30 pounds in the last 4 months), but it is also so beneficial to my mental well-being. I feel so much more hopeful, refreshed, and energetic after I run. More energy = more crafting! I gotta make sure I keep going!
I'm looking forward to a happy and healthy 2012!