Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Mysterious motivation

I bit the bullet and went out to buy more green center fabric for the Grandmother's Flower Garden quilt. I knew there was zero chance of me finding the exact same fabric purchased so many years ago, so I tried to shop with an open mind. Imagine my surprise though when I found nearly the perfect color match at Keepsake Cottage Fabrics! It's a Michael Miller Krystal print. Yay! So, another 2 yards into the stash.

It occurs to me to wonder why, exactly, am I suddenly so hyped-up about this project that I started so many years ago (and really, that I'm nowhere near completing). I wish I knew. Part of it, I think, is just the satisfaction and joy I'm experiencing as I build each block. Part of it is the relatively steady progress I seem to be making each week (it's so cool to see my stack of blocks growing!). There's also a really gratifying sense of connectedness as I work on this one. There is truly an inspiration behind it—my quilt from Great Aunt Gertie. This connection really is setting this quilt apart from my other projects at the moment. Why now? No idea. I just hope it lasts and will really keep me going so that I finish this project sooner rather than later!

Yay for mysterious motivation!

No comments:

Post a Comment