Saturday, February 16, 2008

Gah! Basting.

Though I have been procrastinating on basting "Fairy Flight," I have not been completely idle. I did attempt to mark the top, but the fabric was just too busy. So I've prepped my Golden Threads paper with my motifs (we'll see how it works... I tried it one other time, and seem to recall being annoyed with it, but it can't hurt to try again), and have chosen a border design that I think I can "free-hand" (since I couldn't mark it). Now I just need to get going and baste it. Ugh. It's small, and so should be relatively quick. Even so, I just haven't managed to get myself motivated. Maybe tonight?

Mr. Darcy, courtesy of bbc.co.ukMeanwhile, as I procrastinated on one project, I worked on another. I've been very productive making flowers for my Grandmother's Flower Garden quilt. I counted, and this week I've made 10 flowers! Many of these were stitched as I viewed the BBC production of Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice. No matter how many times I see the film (or read the book)(one of the few books that I have read more than once, and would happily read again), I never tire of it. Jennifer Ehle and Colin Firth are wonderful as Elizabeth Bennett and Mr. Darcy (mmm... Mr. Darcy). And what better Valentine's movie-watching fare? (Keith and I will be able to celebrate "for real" next weekend as the grandparents babysit!)

57 flowers made so far! Only 11 full, and 8 half-flowers to go! Then I'll begin work on the "path" connecting them all together. Or maybe more? I'll have to do some math because I'm using 2" hexagons and the pattern is either referencing 1" or 3" hexagons. I can't tell. Hmmm... maybe I should have calculated this sooner. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment