Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween 2012

This year, both bears had opinions about what they wanted to be for Halloween.

Little Bear finally decided on a "scary dinosaur." As we happened to have a dragon costume on hand (in the right size, even!), and I didn't want to re-invent the wheel, we have Dragon 2.0 -- aka Scary Dinosaur!

Scary Dino/Dragon, front view-ish, roaring

Dinosaur ROAR!!!

Scary Dino/Dragon, back view

Hopefully, I'll manage to get some better pictures of Little Bear as Scary Dinosaur today.

Meanwhile, Big Bear decided he wanted to be Perry the Platypus. I got to break out the sewing machine for this one!

Perry the Platypus, front and back views

I used Kwik Sew 2711 for the main suit, and then drafted my own tail, bill, and feet. I made a size Small, and shortened the legs by 1". The eyes are from Simplicity 3594 (the frog prince view). Because I had made the pattern before (Blue Kitty!), the main part went together both smoothly and quickly. The other parts took some time to figure out, but once I had a plan, they went together quickly (except for the tail... the quilting took a bit of time!).

Perry the Platypus holding Perry the Platypus

Here he is with the actual Perry. I'm still a little amazed I was able to find the perfect color of fleece. Best of all, Big Bear LOVES it. Yay!!!

the dynamic duo

Tonight, we trick or treat! Woo!

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween!

6 comments:

  1. I've been waiting to see these!! LOVE PERRY!! :-) Such cute/scary/Perry-like offerings will ensure lots of treats tonight I'm sure! Happy Halloween Zabacks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute! have fun trick or treating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now those are some cute costumes! Look at those bears getting so big. WOW! Enjoy every minute!!

    ReplyDelete