Monday, July 23, 2012

A little bit of Christmas in July

Another pincushion!

Peace...Love...Joy pincushion, front

This was the December kit from the Shabby Fabrics Pincushion Club I received last year. The pattern is the "Peace...Love...Joy Pincushion" from Primitive Gatherings.

Peace...Love...Joy pincushion, top

The kit included the pattern, all of the required fabrics, as well as beautiful Valdani threads for the embroidery. It was great! (And if you are interested, Shabby Fabrics still has some kits available.) The pattern itself was pretty bare bones-- it assumed embroidery knowledge and, as I am not well-practiced, that involved some research on my part. And let me just say that trying to mark on black wool is a challenge-- by the end, I was just kind of free-stylin' it (the oddly angled tree trunk under the star is evidence of that). But it sure is a cute design!

It took me a long time to stitch this one up. My husband commented that this has to be the most elaborate pincushion I've done to date. I don't know about that, but it definitely gave me the opportunity to work on my stitchery skills.

Peace...Love...Joy pincushion, side

Happy snowman!

4 comments:

  1. very cute. I have that same pattern but have not made one yet. I think your cornucopia was pretty elaborate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the pincushion queen! I really like this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this kit, minus the threads, and I haven't done it yet. You've inspired me to get it out and get started :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Which pincushion do you use the most?

    ReplyDelete