I'm attempting something new this week:
They are going to be for my son's new "Big Boy" room. We got it painted a couple of weeks ago, have ordered furniture (which has just started arriving!), and now I'm making a couple of curtain panels. I wouldn't normally attempt such a thing, but we wanted blackout window coverings and making them seemed the most economical option.
So, I got a book from the library (Sunset Curtains, Draperies, and Shades), did lots of measuring and math (ugh!), bought fabric and blackout lining, bought fabric again (because I failed to calculate for 44"/45" wide as opposed to 54"... oops!)(thank goodness they still had some of the print left!), and finally started cutting and sewing a couple of days ago.
Hopefully, I'll be able to get them done today. And then I'll need to find a curtain rod so we can hang them up (and so I can show you how they turned out!).